To help you manage your money more effectively, please see the information below:
The Money Charity
The Money Charity are a national money education charity dedicated to better thinking about money. They offer a range of resources, tools and training to help everybody handle their money well.
Learn more by visiting: The Money Charity
The Spendometer allows you to set your budget and track your spending every day. It's free, simple to use and easily accessible through your mobile phone.
Learn more by visiting: The Money Charity - Spendometer
The Budget Builder allows you to input your income and expenditure, it does all the calculations for you and allows you to save and revisit anytime showing a summary when needed.
To help you plan your budget visit: The Money Charity - Budget Builder
If you wish to take independent advice, the following organisations may be able to assist you:
- Citizen's Advice Bureau (CAB) Helps people resolve legal, money and other problems by providing, free face-to-face, information and advice in your community.
- Citizen's Advice Scotland (CAS) Scotland's largest independent advice network. Please call 0808 800 90601 Monday to Friday 9AM to 8PM and Saturday 10AM to 2PM.
- Step Change Debt Charity A registered charity offering free, confidential advice and support, online or over the telephone, to anyone who is worried about debt. Please call 0800 138 11111 between 8AM to 8PM Monday to Friday, or click here for their online debt remedy tool.
- National Debtline Helpline that offers free confidential and independent advice over the telephone for people living in England, Scotland and Wales. Please call 0808 808 40001 Monday to Friday 9AM to 9PM and Saturday 9.30AM to 1PM.
- The Royal British Legion Please call their money benefits and money advice helpline on 0203 207 21531. Their friendly team will direct you to your local advisor.
- Money Advice Service UK wide service offering advice online, via telephone and through a network of money advisors. Money Advice Line on 0300 500 5000* (English) or 0300 500 5555* (Welsh) Typetalk: 18001 0300 500 5000*
* Whatever tariff you're on, the cost of an 0300 number is the same as calling a normal phone number. If your calls are free, then it's free, even from mobiles.